Monday, May 7, 2018

Photograph!



I have a habit of picking up new hobbies and discussing it with friends; while doing so this time, I had good listeners around me. So this time Ankit bought a Kodak camera for me as now I had decided to make a dark room for myself so that I can develop the pictures. I genuinely wanted to learn this new thing which is ages old and Ankit helped me a lot.

On a not so special evening, I started clicking pictures of Mitra and suddenly while clicking he said,'show me the picture once.' Both of us remained quiet for some time and then it came to me, how beautiful those days used to be when everything was not so instantaneous. We leave behind old things and habits so easily that we tend to forget the beauty of those things.

Pictures defined memories back then, pictures were not clicked for status updates or stories instead those were clicked to cherish those very moments. Photographs used to be the best form of surprise. Most importantly, cameras did not have an option to delete. Every picture of the camera roll was as important as the other one. You must have old albums at home, haven't you found a different level of joy when you go through those photographs.

We used to wait for the photographs for days and pen drives of Bluetooth could not transfer those pictures, it was not so easy and yet we desperately wanted to be a part of that transaction. We would protect the camera roll from light and what not. Limited pictures and many such limitations, still we enjoyed those days. With all those limitations and disadvantages compared to today's technology, don't you ever wish, just a wish, to go back in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long time no see!

Well, to be honest, I was almost gone for-ever. I am beginning to gather all the remaining strength that I have and I am discovering the new...